Summary: Front Desk Host/Hostess manages the efficient and timely seating of guests. Responsible for the initial welcoming of guests to the restaurant
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintains high knowledge regarding company’s products, availability, specials, services offered, current & upcoming events, etc; effectively communicates such to guests
- Has full knowledge of table numbers and seating capacity, seating floor plans and food and beverage staff assignments to orderly move guests within the food service area
- Assists guests with entering/exiting the restaurant by opening doors when possible
- Greets all guests upon arrival in a friendly and gracious manner
- Records guest counts, seating preferences and needs (i.e. handicap accessible, high chair, etc) in computerized seating system
- Assigns pager to guests when seating is limited and provide an estimated time for seating
- Communicate with co-workers and manager to determine appropriate seating quote times
- Contacts guests through pager system when table becomes available
- Assigns seating based on available tables, guest preferences and balancing of customer flow in server sections
- Walks guests to designated table. Inspect table for cleanliness and proper presentation. Provide menus and name of server. Leave guests with a pleasant salutation
- Thanks guests as they leave and invite them to return
- Maintains the cleanliness of guest restrooms throughout the shift. Empties trash receptacles and restocks supplies as needed
- Keeps work station, front desk, and guest waiting areas neat and clean at all times
- Maintains cleanliness of guest restrooms throughout shift
- Provide Back-of-the-House staff with guests’ counts on a regular basis
- Maintains regular communication with FOH managers. Informs management of guest issues including guest complaints
- Walks through seating areas to determine available and/or soon to be available tables. Report information to Front Desk personnel and enter in guest seating system if needed
- Completes all opening, running and closing duties as assigned
- Assists in training new employees within the department in accordance with company standards
- Other duties in connection with organizational effectiveness as assigned by above supervisory staff
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
LuLu's North Myrtle Beach
Lucy Buffett's LuLu's and related Entities are Equal Opportunity Employers committed to excellence through diversity. Employment offers are made on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, religion, sex, age, national origin or disability.
Lucy Buffett's LuLu's and related Entities employ individuals 16 years of age and older. Some positions require the incumbent to be at least 21 years of age and older. See the department manager and/or the job description for age requirements.
This organization participates in E-Verify. View the official notices below or visit the E-Verify website for more details.
Company Website: lulubuffett.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)